USA Requirements for a Student Visa
Seeking Non-Permanent Immigration
A student visa, also known as the F-1 visa, is one which is granted to students who are coming to the United States to study. In order to qualify for a student visa, there are specific requirements that must be met to show that the individual in question is a candidate for this particular visa. Having a San Jose immigration attorney on the case can greatly benefit the application process and the outcome.
A few examples of requirements which must be met include the following:
- The applicant must show that she has a foreign residence and has no intent to abandon it.
- The applicant must show that the sole purpose of entering the U.S. is to study.
- The applicant must show that he/she is a student qualified to pursue a full course of study.
Contact Our San Jose Immigration Attorney
At Verma Law Firm, we work with clients from a wide range of countries, assisting with the complex application process. We can advise you in regard to the documentation that you will be required to submit at the U.S. Consulate overseas and prepare your Student Visa documentation for submission at the US Consulate overseas. In addition, if you are already in the U.S., we can file for your Student Visa extension with the USCIS or file for a change of status if you are in the U.S. on some other visa.
Helping Students Come to and Stay in the U.S.
Many young individuals come to the United States to obtain a high education and obtain knowledge that can improve their own lives and the lives of others. An essential element of is getting authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration 浙江福彩app官方下载 (USCIS). Our firm wants to help you through this process to get the resources you need.
Please call us now at (408) 560-4622 to set up a consultation with a San Jose immigration lawyer.
Resources & Links
- 24 Months STEM OPT
- F-1 Visa Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- ICE updates list of SEVP approved schools
- Questions and Answers Regarding Automatic F-1 Visa Extensions for Students with Pending or Approved H-1B Petitions With an Employment Start Date of October 1, 2011
- Detailed Write-up of Student Visa.
- Question & Answer: Extension of Optional Practical Training Program for Qualified Students
- Questions & Answers #2: Extension of Optional Practical Training Program for Qualified Students.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs
- Department of 浙江福彩app官方下载land Security Publishes Interim Final Rule Extending OPT Period
- Arrival Procedures For Students or Exchange Visitors at the US Port of Entry
- USCIS to Allow F-1 Students Opportunity to Request Change of Status
- USCIS Questions and Answers
- 17-Month Extension of Optional Practical Training for Certain Highly Skilled Foreign Students
“My green card process was smooth. Thank you Verma for all the help you provide during the process.”- Chacha
“They were always available through phone and responded to my emails quickly.”- Madhuri B.
“The staff at Verma Law firm were prompt and helped with all the documentation needed for my mom's immigrant visa application.”- Upendra
All other consultation fees will be credited towards legal fees if retained as counsel for immigration cases.
With us, you will get client-focused, personalized service. You are not just another case to us.
We charge a flat fee for all cases, and offer a payment plan to those who need it.
Our offices are conveniently located in San Jose and San Francisco.
Our lead attorney not only has over 18 years of experience, but is also an immigrant himself.